Friday, July 27, 2012

I go to the forest now

Hello there,

If you didn't know already, I am in Thailand. I arrived 6 weeks ago for a study abroad program, which has since ended. My next destination is Wat Pah Nanachat, an international Thai forest monastery. There isn't any internet so I won't be able to post anything for the next 14 days or so. Just as a heads up.

If you're curious about why I want to go to a forest monastery, wake up in the wee hours of the morning to meditate with Thai monks, possibly have to shave my head and eyebrows, work throughout the day in a kitchen, then meditate again in the late afternoon and evening - the answer goes something like...

Adventure.

Learning something about myself.

Doing something crazy because I am slightly crazy.

A story for later on in life. I'm in Thailand - this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. And hell, the URL of my blog is don't waste this life, gotta live up to my own motto.

But ultimately, I'm jumping into the unknown. It ain't going to be easy. I'm a bit nervous.  



 < I think I'll spend many hours of the day in one of these, on my own after morning meditation and work.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Impressive publish! STICK WITH IT!