Monday, June 4, 2012

I've never known what I wanted to do with my life...


I never have known what I wanted to do with my life. I have never been able to imagine myself working as something. Imagining myself as a doctor or lawyer or soldier has never cut it because my heart has never known what it wanted to do.

And now it does.

It is very peculiar how life changes so. For 21 years and 4 months I did not know how I wanted to earn a living, how to contribute to back to society. But now I do.

I want to get meditation and mindfulness taught in schools. Not just meditation and not just mindfulness but both. The M n’ M approach if you will.

Meditation and mindfulness are both practices of awareness. Meditation you practice awareness sitting still. Mindfulness you practice awareness in whatever you are doing in the present moment. The two complement each other like rice and beans. (You can eat rice and beans separately, but if you eat them together, they complement each other and you get extra amino acids. I’m a vegetarian – gotta know these things!)

So yeah, that’s what I want to do with my life. I’ll do a video about it later working through the goal process.

No comments: